GRANDVILLE, Mich. (WZZM) -- Firefighters extinguished flames at Wimbledon Apartments in Grandville Monday afternoon. Crews attacked the fire from both sides of the building, dousing flames with water from ladder trucks.
There are no reports of any injuries, with all residents and pets able to get out safely.
Crews say the fire started in the upper-left unit and spread to several apartments in the three-story building. The fire was eventually stopped by a firewall. It is estimated that residents of 15 units are displaced. Crews were initially looking into whether the fire started on a stove, but authorities now say they've ruled that out since the flames most likely started in the southeast corner of the attic. The property owners say no one was in the unit below the attic there at the time the fire started. It was first reported around 12:30 p.m.