Ann Romney to be special guest at Ottawa County Republican luncheon | Events
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The Michigan native who returns home in eight days to be the special guest at a February 21 Ottawa County Republican luncheon has a string of personal accomplishments in addition to being a former Massachusetts First Lady and the wife of GOP Presidential candidate Mitt Romney.
As First Lady of Massachusetts, she worked to focus attention on the challenges facing at-risk youth and continues to be engaged in that effort.
Mrs. Romney is a strong believer that faith-based and community organizations can reach some members of our community better than government can and served as the Governor’s Liaison to the White House Office of Faith-Based and Community initiatives. She has been involved with United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Right to Play, formerly Olympic Aid.
In 1998, Mrs. Romney was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. She has volunteers much of her time to raise awareness of the disease. By raising the profile of MS, as well as raising funds for advocacy and research, she is determined to make a different in the lives of people who suffer from the disease.
The Romneys celebrated their 42nd wedding anniversary this year. They have five sons, five daughters-in-law, and sixteen grandchildren.
Ottawa County Republican Chair Adam Tountas said the local GOP organization was excited with Ann Romney’s upcoming visit. “Ottawa County surpasses all in its embrace of family and the vitality of strong families makes a strong country.” Tountas said.
“Ann and Mitt Romney epitomize the ‘family first’ priority we unabashedly embrace. Ann’s appearance is a welcome addition to our 2012 campaign activities and we are grateful for her coming to join us,” he added. “We look forward to welcoming home a native daughter of our great state.” He said.
The luncheon, seven days ahead of Michigan’s February 28 presidential primary, will be held at the Pinnacle Center in Hudsonville. The February 21 event starts at 11:30 am.
Tickets are available through the Ottawa County Republicans at 513 E. Eighth Street, Suite 15, Holland, on-line at lunchwithann.eventbrite.com or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. A fundraiser for the Ottawa GOP, tickets are $40 per person.
Ann Romney is not raising funds outside of the limitations and prohibitions of federal law. Contributions from corporations, foreign nationals, labor unions and government contractors are prohibited.
Upcoming Events near Grandville - Hudsonville - Jenison
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- GRFD confirms child playing with fire caused West Side blaze
- My Town: Consumers Energy Foundation awards nearly $39K to nonprofits
- My Town: GVSU and DHS awarded research grant for family support program
- My Town GR West: Survey reveals Michigan parents overwhelmingly pleased with 21st century education
- OPINION: Michigan, Our Great State
- My Town Wyoming: Health and Wellness Day returns to Metro Health Village July 31
- Crime spree suspect charged in Wyoming stabbing
- My Town Wyoming: Gordmans ribbon cutting celebration July 25
- Stabbing victim relieved crime wave suspects in custody
- Craigslist killer may have had multiple personality disorder