Our network

Careless smoking reportedly causes Grandville apartment fire | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

Careless smoking reportedly causes Grandville apartment fire
News


GRANDVILLE, Mich. (WZZM) -- The cause of the fire at Wimbledon Apartments has been ruled as a result of careless smoking, an apartment spokesman said.

Earlier indications were that the Wimbledon fire was caused by electrical wiring. 

The fire sparked shortly before noon Monday, Oct. 19. Crews said the fire started in one of the units, which had spread to several others in the three-story building. It was eventually stopped by a firewall. 

Editor's note: We inadvertently reported this as the cause of Wednesday's Pompa Vidals apartment fire in Holland. We do not yet know the cause of that fire.


News

Grandville - Hudsonville - Jenison Deals

Grandville - Hudsonville - Jenison Businesses