Former volleyball trainer sentenced for CSC | News
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) - A former volleyball trainer from Grandville, who sexually assaulted six teenage girls, is going to prison. Thursday, a Kent County judge sentenced Florencio Castillo, 42, to two to 15 years in prison.
Castillo previous pleaded guilty to third degree and fourth degree criminal sexual conduct in return for a lighter sentence.
Detectives say Castillo inappropriately touched girls while working at Impact Dynamic Training on 28th Street. The investigation began in May, after two 15-year-old victims came forward.
As part of his punishment, Castillo must register as a sex offender.
Upcoming Events near Grandville - Hudsonville - Jenison
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- GRFD confirms child playing with fire caused West Side blaze
- My Town: Consumers Energy Foundation awards nearly $39K to nonprofits
- My Town: GVSU and DHS awarded research grant for family support program
- My Town GR West: Survey reveals Michigan parents overwhelmingly pleased with 21st century education
- OPINION: Michigan, Our Great State
- My Town Wyoming: Health and Wellness Day returns to Metro Health Village July 31
- Crime spree suspect charged in Wyoming stabbing
- My Town Wyoming: Gordmans ribbon cutting celebration July 25
- Stabbing victim relieved crime wave suspects in custody
- Craigslist killer may have had multiple personality disorder