Former volleyball trainer sentenced for CSC | News
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) - A former volleyball trainer from Grandville, who sexually assaulted six teenage girls, is going to prison. Thursday, a Kent County judge sentenced Florencio Castillo, 42, to two to 15 years in prison.
Castillo previous pleaded guilty to third degree and fourth degree criminal sexual conduct in return for a lighter sentence.
Detectives say Castillo inappropriately touched girls while working at Impact Dynamic Training on 28th Street. The investigation began in May, after two 15-year-old victims came forward.
As part of his punishment, Castillo must register as a sex offender.
Upcoming Events near Grandville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Snow could impact spring sports season
- My Town Holland: Second in command visits Holland March 11
- My Town Holland: Hope College hosts Model United Nations high school conference
- My Town Holland: Hope College Students earn awards in opera competition
- My Town Holland: Windmill Island Gardens hosts job fair