Cabela's is open for business | News
GRANDVILLE, Mich. (WZZM) - The Grandville Cabela's is now open for business. The long-awaited store opened at 11 a.m. Thursday with an arrow shot through the ribbon to open the doors. Thousands of people filed in to buy hunting, fishing, and other outdoor gear.
The first customer in line, Matt Kruchowski of Wyoming, had been waiting since Wednesday afternoon. He was rewarded with a $500 gift certificate. "Worth the wait" he told WZZM 13's Peter Ross.
Customers received free coffee, donuts, and hand warmers while they waited in the cold.
"The passion here, is unlike anything I have ever seen in any store we've ever opened," said Cabela's CEO, Tommy Millner. This is Cabela's 43rd store in North America.
Aisles and check-out counters were jammed throughout the day. "Where camo and cash come to meet" said one customer.
Watch the video for Peter Ross' live report at Noon with the opening shot and the crowds and click here to see Sarah Barwacz's reports from the Morning News.
Upcoming Events near Grandville - Hudsonville - Jenison
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Zeeland: City to unlock time capsule July 24
- My Town Holland: Vanderbilt Charter Academy celebrates new playground
- My Town Zeeland: Countdown on to splash pad opening next week
- My Town Holland: Hope College student headed to Broadway
- My Town Holland: $40K grant approved for DeGraaf Nature Center improvements