Search continues for missing Grandville Woman | News
GRANDVILLE (WZZM) - Grandville Police will continue the search for 51-year-old Mary Tornga, Tuesday. Police found a shoe belonging to Tornga during an earlier search.
The Grandville woman disappeared around 1 a.m. Sunday after an argument with her husband.
The husband says they were driving home from a birthday celebration in Grand Rapids, when Tornga got out of the car near Market Street and I-196. She hasn't been seen since.
Monday, The Michigan State Police used a helicopter to search up and down the Grand River.
"Due to the fact that she was down here, middle of the night, with the water, river being a concern too," said Chief Dan Steer with the Grandville Police Department. "No, we're not going to put any divers in, heavy current, lots of snags, very dangerous to put boat in. We wouldn't even know where to begin."
The shoe that was recovered was found in the same area where Tornga went missing. Police tried to call and track her phone, but it appears to be turned off.
Grandville Police say Tornga's husband is talking with police and is not considered a suspect.
Upcoming Events near Grandville - Hudsonville - Jenison
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- GRFD confirms child playing with fire caused West Side blaze
- My Town: Consumers Energy Foundation awards nearly $39K to nonprofits
- My Town: GVSU and DHS awarded research grant for family support program
- My Town GR West: Survey reveals Michigan parents overwhelmingly pleased with 21st century education
- OPINION: Michigan, Our Great State
- My Town Wyoming: Health and Wellness Day returns to Metro Health Village July 31
- Crime spree suspect charged in Wyoming stabbing
- My Town Wyoming: Gordmans ribbon cutting celebration July 25
- Stabbing victim relieved crime wave suspects in custody
- Craigslist killer may have had multiple personality disorder