Hudsonville girls have wish granted | News
OTTAWA COUNTY, Mich. (WZZM)- Friday was a dream come true for two Ottawa County sisters, battling a deadly genetic disorder. Kate, 12, and 9-year old Olivia Veldink suffer from a rare disease that affects children causing progressive loss of muscle control and immune problems.
The Make A Wish Foundation heard about the girls' request for a room makeover and granted it. Kate and Olivia got to select the furniture of their dreams from Talsma and this afternoon was the big reveal.
Fighting back tears, their mother Mary said the gift will make a difference. "Their lives are not easy, they have so many challenges each and every day. So when they walk into this house, they know that people love them and cared enough about them to do this. It will definitely make them feel special. We just feel so incredibly blessed. It's beyond our wildest dreams ever- it's gorgeous."
The Make A Wish Foundation fulfills more than 400 wishes for room makeovers each year.
Upcoming Events near Grandville - Hudsonville - Jenison
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Consumers Energy Foundation awards nearly $39K to nonprofits
- My Town: GVSU and DHS awarded research grant for family support program
- My Town GR West: Survey reveals Michigan parents overwhelmingly pleased with 21st century education
- OPINION: Michigan, Our Great State
- My Town: Our Kitchen Table improves lives through the power of plants