Hudsonville girls have wish granted | News
OTTAWA COUNTY, Mich. (WZZM)- Friday was a dream come true for two Ottawa County sisters, battling a deadly genetic disorder. Kate, 12, and 9-year old Olivia Veldink suffer from a rare disease that affects children causing progressive loss of muscle control and immune problems.
The Make A Wish Foundation heard about the girls' request for a room makeover and granted it. Kate and Olivia got to select the furniture of their dreams from Talsma and this afternoon was the big reveal.
Fighting back tears, their mother Mary said the gift will make a difference. "Their lives are not easy, they have so many challenges each and every day. So when they walk into this house, they know that people love them and cared enough about them to do this. It will definitely make them feel special. We just feel so incredibly blessed. It's beyond our wildest dreams ever- it's gorgeous."
The Make A Wish Foundation fulfills more than 400 wishes for room makeovers each year.
Upcoming Events near Grandville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Holland: Hope College hosts Model United Nations high school conference
- My Town Holland: Hope College Students earn awards in opera competition
- My Town Holland: Windmill Island Gardens hosts job fair
- Snow, ice cover will boost Great Lakes levels
- New Holland brewery to start distribution in Tennessee